The default Solano CI dashboard displays a dynamically updating view of the latest build activity in the organizations that a user belongs to.
There are a number of scenarios where it’s useful to show a summary of a user-defined subset of branches, or specific profiles, and to have that view stably sorted by repo and branch name.
Support for custom dashboards is in private release. It is only available to select users under an opt-in feature enablement.
Concepts & Visibility¶
A Custom Dashboard or Custom View can be defined within a Solano CI organization.
The dashboard will be visible to any member of the organization it belongs to.
When you are configuring a dashboard, you can subscribe it to any repo in any organization in which you are an
It’s possible to configure a dashboard that reports on repos outside of your organization. This means that a user in your organization can see the status of a build in a different organization that’s included in the dashboard, but they will not be able to view build details unless they also belong to the other organization.
If the feature is available to your organization, you will see a “Custom Views” item in the navigation menu at the top-right of the main window.
Clicking it will open a list of custom dashboards that have been defined for your organization.
Creating A New Dashboard¶
- Visit your Organization Settings page, and choose the organization in which you want to make the new dashboard
Dashboardsfrom the menu
- Enter the name of your new dashboard. Dashboard names must be globally unique. If the name you want has been taken, you will need to choose another name.
- Once your dashboard has been created, it will appear in the list. Click on the pencil icon to configure it.
Configuring a Dashboard¶
You specify what repos and branches to include in a dashboard by adding “subscriptions” to it.
- Choose the organization your target repo(s) belong to
- Choose the repo
- Choose one or more branches
- Enter zero or more profile names, comma-separated
You can also:
- change the dashboard’s name
- make the dashboard public, i.e. visible to a Solano CI user who isn’t signed in
- The data in a custom dashboard currently does not automatically refresh
- The dashboard order is fixed
- The dashboard layout and columns are fixed